Benefits of Joining MPI
Why Join MPI St. Louis Chapter?
Meeting Professionals International (MPI), the meeting and event industry’s largest and most vibrant global community, helps our members thrive by providing human connections to knowledge and ideas, relationships, and marketplaces for meeting professionals in the St. Louis Area.
The vision is activated by using four strategies:
- EVOLVE to a global community,
- RE-IMAGINE business relationship with its chapters,
- ELEVATE the member conversation and experience, and
- BUILD a great organization.
Enhance Your Value. Maximize Your Potential.
Become a part of Meeting Professionals International St. Louis Area Chapter (MPI-SLAMPI) and you’ll stay on the cutting edge of today’s constantly changing and challenging meeting environment with the Midwest finest MPI Chapter!
Whether you are a full-time meeting planner, someone who plans meetings as only part of your job responsibilities, a business owner, an association executive, or a supplier to the meeting industry, we invite you to join Meeting Professionals International St. Louis Area Chapter (MPI-SLAMPI).
What’s In It For You?
- MPI is leading the charge to make meetings and events, and those who produce them, a key strategic component of every organization’s business. We are committed to your success.
- MPI provides world-class education customized to your level and position, opportunities to build professional relationships, and a personalized lifetime professional development plan for you.
- For employers, MPI provides you with the education, contacts, and tools you need to execute more effective meetings that further the organization’s overall strategic goals and demonstrate ROI.
- For suppliers, MPI means business via exposure for your company to over 10,000 planners with average budgets over $1.5 million.
- Benefits for all members include chapter membership, volunteer leadership opportunities, discounts on MPI products and conferences, subscription for One+ / One+ EMEA Edition, early access to news and trends, and research such as salary surveys, industry forecasts, multicultural projections and more.
SLAMPI offers a wealth of opportunities for members to enhance personal and professional knowledge and experience. SLAMPI’s wide range of committees offer opportunities to refine skills and learn new ones. Opportunities exist in the areas of :
Membership – Retention, Recruiting, Mentoring
Communications – Public Relations, Web-site, SLANTS electronic newsletter, Coffee Talk electronic updates, directory, member recognition, and community affairs
Education – Curriculum Development, Meeting/Event Logistics, Site Selection, Conference Management, Monthly Programs, Menu Planning, Workshops
Finance and Strategic Partnership Marketing – Sponsorship, Fundraising, Budgeting
The more you get involved, the more you will get from SLAMPI! Join SLAMPI Today… Your Link to the Future!
LET MPI Make A Positive Difference in You
Meeting Professionals International (MPI) is a global community of meeting and event professionals that connects you to the worldwide support, industry knowledge and business opportunities you need to be successful. Start here to begin exploring the MPI experience and how it can make a positive difference for you.
Your Privileges and Responsibilities as an MPI Member
Welcome to MPI! We know your membership will be one of the best decisions you will make for your professional life. As a member, you have certain privileges and responsibilities that we encourage all members to support. MPI encourages you to abide by its Principles of Professionalism and these Privileges and Responsibilities to ensure you have a good membership experience.
- You are entitled to all of the benefits of membership whether you are a supplier or planner member. We work very hard to treat all members equally and equitably.
- You may choose to be involved in local chapter events in any state or country where a chapter exists, as well as international events. We encourage you to get involved by volunteering to serve on a board, committee or task force at either the local or international level.
- Be sure that you exercise your privilege to vote during the annual elections or through the polls and surveys that are offered on a continual basis via email.
- MPI recognizes you as a member. Yours is an individual, professional membership. To prevent future misunderstandings, talk with your employer to ensure that they understand that this membership is yours, not theirs. Should you leave your employer, MPI assumes you will continue your membership through the expiration date; just inform us of your employment and address change.
- If you leave the industry and do not wish to take your membership with you, you may transfer the remainder of your membership to a qualified company employee through your expiration date.
- You have a responsibility to demonstrate to your employer that she/he made a worthwhile investment in your MPI membership. Inform your employer when you make a business contact or garner new business because of an MPI relationship. We urge you to “Buy MPI” by supporting other MPI members and their employers whenever possible.
- After attending a MPI educational conference or chapter event where you receive valuable information, inform your employer of what you’ve learned and how it will make you a greater strategic asset to your company. A written report may be useful. Take every opportunity to provide the value of your membership to yourself and to your employer.
- You have the responsibility to discuss whether your employer expects you to take your membership with you if you were to leave their employment. If you do take your membership with you, your employer may receive a six-month complimentary membership for your replacement.
- If your employer pays your conference fees and expenses, you have a responsibility to attend the educational sessions and to seek business opportunities for your company. While the social events are entertaining, MPI encourages you to focus on business first.
Your Employer’s Expectations
- If your employer agrees to sponsor or host an MPI event, please invite her/him to the event to provide a first-hand look at what MPI does.
- Your employer has a right to expect a return on their investment in your membership. Be sure that you demonstrate to them the value you receive from membership whether it is from the business contacts you make, the education you receive or the business opportunities you gain.