In celebration of Global Meetings Industry Day, MPI St. Louis Area Chapter, Explore St. Louis an Maritz Travel are bringing together a panel of St. Louis’ top industry professionals to discuss what meetings mean for St. Louis and the current meeting environment. Hear the panelists’ insights on trends, community impact, event design and much more.
- Discover the resources, tools and information to show the real impact the industry has on businesses, economies and communities
- Identify current trends related to hotels, meetings and events and their future
- Identify opportunities in the meetings and events industry
This program has been approved by the Events Industry Council for 1.0 CEU credit hours under Domain A: Strategic Planning.
- Kitty Ratcliffe, President, Explore St. Louis
- David Peckinpaugh, President, Maritz Global Events
- Sarah Pinkowski, CMP, Meetings Supervisor, Enterprise Holdings
- Angie Weigel, DMCP, Owner/President, Destination St. Louis, Inc., a DMC Network Company
- Sara Newell, Director of Sales, Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark & St. Louis Union Station Hotel
Moderated by: Brian Hall, Chief Marketing Officer, Explore St. Louis
9:00 a.m. Registration, Networking & Continental Breakfast
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Program
This program is a FREE event.
Women play key roles in the hospitality and meeting industries, but many find it challenging to move into leadership positions. In fact, recent studies show that women are 28% less likely to get an executive-level position if they possess the skills that make other job applicants candidates for CEO, COO, CMO, and CFO positions. In this four-hour course, we’ll examine why this is, what you can do about it and help you create a personal action plan to overcome some of the common career obstacles women face. This instructor-led course will guide you in creating a personal action plan to help you move into leadership roles within the meeting planning industry and more.
Can’t attend WEC this year? MPI St. Louis is proud to give our members the opportunity to attend this session in St. Louis!
Participants of this course receive:
- 4 clock hours in CMP-IS Strategic Domain E: Human Resources; Domain F: Stakeholder Management
- Access code for Clifton StrengthsFinder 2.0 Assessment
- Individual Development Plan worksheets to create a personalized action plan
- Peer-to-peer mentoring
- Certificate in Executive Leadership Skills
What You’ll Learn
- How to identify which skills help women ascent to executive leadership roles in the meeting and event industry and more
- How to identify methods for overcoming common challenges women face in obtaining leadership opportunities
- How to create a personal action plan for leadership success
- How to locate resources available to women seeking leadership roles in the meeting and event industry
- Module 1: Executive Leaders Around the World and in the Meetings and Events Industry
- Module 2: Challenges and Solutions
- Module 3: Creating Your Personal Action Plan
- Module 4: Resources for Further Development
Each registrant will receive a certificate of completion and course workbook (both electronic).
Friday, April 27, 2018
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 a.m. Certificate Course
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Lunch (optional)
Option: Stay and network during lunch – Additional $30 per person
Breakfast and Morning Break included with registration. Lunch is optional, and an additional fee.
Register two or more from your organization and receive a discount! Pay full price for the first registrant (member or non-member) and receive a $50 discount for each additional member or non-member registrant when you add two or more people and register everyone at the same time. Offer only applies to attendees from the same organization. The group discount will be applied automatically during registration.
Details coming soon!
Details coming soon!